Each of these different types of buildings has distinct architectural requirements. Additionally, each case has multiple key stakeholders with needs that must be addressed throughout every phase of the case from initial concept through case completion.
Given these factors, JJW Architects wanted a comprehensive software application that would:
- Perform in-depth cost estimation calculations for its larger cases,
- Tie those estimates into an object-based 3D software application for parametric design, BIM, and
- Include real-time pricing information from a third party cost database.
Further, one of the top priorities for JJW Architects is to be able to perform successive risk calculations throughout the cost estimation process. More specifically, at the very beginning of a case, the firm typically performs rough calculations. Yet as the scope of the case becomes more detailed, it requires successive calculation capabilities to drill down and estimate costs and risks at the most granular levels of detail.
The Sigma solution
These challenges led JJW Architects to try Sigma Estimates software. While spreadsheets have been a staple in the firm, the architects at JJW turned to a higher end solution that would take advantage of their existing knowledge of spreadsheets yet go beyond those capabilities.
After testing Sigma Estimates software, the firm determined it met their business and technical needs while also easily integrating with Autodesk Revit and pricing databases.
Today, using Sigma Estimates software, JJW Architects is able to:
- Perform complex cost estimations more easily
- Arrive at the true costs of cases based on a comprehensive estimate that reflects Revit designs and current cost data
- Easily make design changes and have them automatically reflected in Sigma
- Do successive risk calculations for cost estimating with a user-friendly program that stands out among the limited options currently available in the market
About JJW Architects
JJW Architects was founded in 1986 and has since grown into one of Denmark’s leading architecture firms. The expertise of the architects at JJW spans the entire spectrum including: concept development, design, construction case management, building operations, and professional supervision and consulting.
The firm is committed to collaborating with developers, contractors, clients, and other key stakeholders to deliver remarkable results that stay true to the initial vision for a case.