Top European Contractor Sets Foundation for Success with Sigma
Key to Per Aarsleff’s success is the company’s focus on providing simple, economic and improved approaches to large and small cases while ensuring profitability for the company and its clients.
“Whether you’re a small construction company with a few employees or you’re a large and growing business like Per Aarsleff, Sigma is the ideal construction case estimation software,” said Jesper Jacobsen, divisional manager of construction, Per Aarsleff. “The value in the software comes from the complexity behind the scenes that’s hidden from the user yet delivers a powerful, transparent and easy way to accurately estimate construction cases.”
Focused on innovation, Per Aarsleff is continuously evolving its approaches and methodologies to construction engineering. Along with the company’s evolution are regular and widespread changes in technology designed to support construction engineering case estimates.
To achieve this, Per Aarsleff invested in an advanced spreadsheet solution. While the investment in spreadsheet technology enabled Per Aarsleff to successfully grow its business, the company was hindered by the spreadsheet’s functionality. This challenge, coupled with the need to update its cost estimation software, resulted in Per Aarsleff’s search for a new solution.
Per Aarsleff’s top five requirements were:
- Easy of Use: Requiring no more than one day of training before cost estimators and engineers are up and running.
- Transparency: Providing visibility into each case stage and associated costs.
- Reliability: From a customer’s perspective, Per Aarsleff wanted to be sure the vendor they selected would be available to immediately troubleshoot any issues. Additionally, they wanted the assurance the software provider was a sound company that would continue to develop the product in sync with changes in the industry and technology.
- Deep Industry Knowledge: A deep understanding of the construction industry and ability to apply this knowledge to a software package that intuitively knows how to present critical information to users and clients.
- Superior Client Service: To feel like a client and not a number when you call an expert on those occasions when additional support may be necessary. Given these criteria, Per Aarsleff critically assessed the top products in the market and also gave careful consideration to developing a product in-house that would address its business needs.
The Sigma Solution
Upon a rigorous evaluation of all the options, Per Aarsleff selected Sigma. Now, for more than seven years, every division throughout Per Aarsleff has relied on Sigma software.Using Sigma, Per Aarsleff is able to:
- More accurately estimate cases,
- Establish closer customer relationships based on the transparency of the case estimates,
- Save time due to the software’s ease of use that enables both estimators and engineers to be up and running with minimal training.